Creating a wedding card is easiest when it is created with a tone-on-tone or neutral color pallet. Here are some cards to jump start your creativity for a wedding, engagement, anniversary or sympathy card. Today’s cards will focus on ‘Very Vanilla‘ tone-on-tone cards. (Come back tomorrow for more cards with an accent color added.)
What I love most about these cards is that the dies and embossing folders do all the work and add richness and texture to the cards. Cut, emboss, paste and a bit of embellishment and you have a beautiful one-of-a-kind card!
- Ready an A2 card base
- Cut a 4 x 5 1/4″ glitter piece and attach to base
- Cut a 3 7/8 x 4″ piece of cardstock
- Using the ‘Be Mine‘ stitched framlits and die cut the hearts shown above
- Stamp your sentiment on the large stitched piece and set aside
- Die cut both the top and bottom edge of the piece with the scalloped edge die
- TIP: Take the piece with the heart shape cutout and with the ‘Subtle‘ embossing folder emboss once vertically and then again on horizontally. This creates a wonderful weave-like texture.
- Take the same piece and emboss a third time with the ‘Country Floral‘ dynamic embossing folder. This is a free item with a $50 purchcase until March 31.
- Layer up all the pieces and pop up the two smallest hearts with ‘Dimensionals.’
- Cut an A2 card base
- Layer with a 4 x 5 1/4″ piece and attached to base
- Cut and emboss a 3 3/4 x 5″ piece witht the ‘Subtle‘ embossing folder
- With the ‘Be Mine” dies, cut hearts as shown above
- Layer and attach all pieces
- Add ribbon of your choice and embellish as desired
- Cut an A2 card base
- Cut a 4 x 5 1/4″ piece and emboss with the ‘Lace Dynamic‘ textured embossing folder
- Attatch to card
- Die cut label and stamp sentiment
- Attach label to card
- Die cut leaves and flowers as shown above and layer around edge of label piece.
- Embellish with gold ‘Metallic Pearls‘
Would love to see what you create and read any comments or feedback you may have.
Products used are listed below. Many items are available to purchase or you can earn some free until March 31 (or until they sell out), during Sale a Bration. The only item that will carry over into the June, 2019 annual catalog will be the ‘Country Floral’ dynamic embossing folder. The rest will be retired after that time. I am happy to answer any questions this may raise, just leave me a message.
Don’t have a demonstrator and want to order…just drop me a note. I would be thrilled to be yours!
Whether you love making cards as a hobby or are looking for a way to save 20-25% on your own orders and that of others, I’ll be happy to explain details of how you can do that as a demonstrator. Until March 31st, you can get up to $175 worth of Stamin’Up! products for $99! Great deal isn’t it…..
Sale a Bration Catalog
Petals and More Note: This set is a substitute for Wonderful Floral Dies which has sold out.