I was inspired by a thank you card my friend Merrilee sent me and one I saw online and soon afterwards had a request for some cards with animals. I used the ‘Animal Outing’ bundle, cased the cards and created some paper confections of my own.
These cards were easy and quick. Simply use Versamark ink to stamp a branch background. Then stamp the Rhino, color with your ‘Stampin’ Blends’, die cut and pop up on a white piece of cardstock. Layer and stamp a sentiment…and you are good to go!
This card was layered like the last except I added a giraffe and branch with a frog. The ‘Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper’ was used for the background and the coral was left over from a card pack I earned free in the Sale a Bration event this year.
Used watercolor paper for the animals and branch. Not only did it make watercoloring easy but gave a bit of weight to the images. Then propped up the rhino with dimensionals and put all the pieces together.
Love shaker cards and kids like cards that are interactive. So, with the help of ‘Tropical Escape’ DSP and die cuts from the set I layered the card up.
- Cut out three pieces of Designer Series Paper
- One is 5 1/2 x 4/1/4″ and glued to the card base
- The other two are for the shaker portion of the card
- One 4 1/2 x 3 1/4″ and one a quarter inch smaller on all sides
- Glue and center the 4 1/2 x 3/14 sheet to the base
- Die cut an oval shape into the smallest piece of Designer Paper (see pix above)
- Glue an acrylic piece to the opening to create a window
- Stamp a sentiment in the lower right
Tip: When you cut out the oval for the shaker window, also cut out a piece of craft foam. and glue together with the acrylic piece sandwiched in between the two pieces. It will give you the barrier you need to create the shaker part of the card and will go though the mail easily.
- Die cut the animals and color up using Stampin’Blends
- Glue the giraffe behind the acrylic oval cut out
- Glue down a few sprinkle embellishments and make a little pile in the center of the bottom side of the acrylic sheet to let fall loose in the shaker part of the card.
- Glue the 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 ” sheet to the top sheet being careful to trap in the loose embellishments inside.
- Once dried, glue to base of card
- Finish off by attaching the branch and rhino to the card
Here’s another example that can be made into a shaker card or dimensional card. This one I found online and had to give it a go. Changed up the greenery and used what I had on hand. If you want more information, let me know.
Thank you for stopping by. Please feel free to comment and share. Questions? I have answers. And, if you do not have a demonstrator I would love to be yours! Have fun making your own Paper Confections.