Today I pulled out one of my best inspirtion books, the SU Annual Catalog and paged through it for inspiration. I found a card made with the ‘Sheltering Tree” set. I use this set often but not with the application it showed. (I am always amazed at all the different ways and seasons it applies to.)
As you look closely at the card you see an embossed background, then trees stamped on top with even more dimension added by stamping on circle cutouts and attaching in layers, popping up with dimensionals.
So I happily embossed my background and then stared at the picture wondering how I was going to get the tree stamped through all the little grooves in the wood embossing. Didn’t take too long to figure out you had to do all the stamping first and then emboss the wood background over the stamped trees! So using my ‘Stamparatus’ I quickly stamped out four cards and embossed the background.
With that figured out it was just fun putting it all together. Depending on the color of your circles and background you can totally change-up the look. Might even put some color on the embossed wood grain to bring out the detail.
Give it a try and share with us…would love to see your take on this technique.
Here’s the items I used if you are interested in purchasing…
On another note, I wanted to bring you up to date on a sale that started just today and goes through the end of the month.
Stampin’ Up! is having a ‘Buy Three and get One FREE’ Designer Paper Sale….you heard me right. The fourth set is FREE! If you have ever used SU’s paper you know the quality of detail, weight and fiber. Check it out and don’t miss this one-time opportunity. The last time they ran a sale like this was last year.
Here’s the Scoop:
- Dates: July 1-31, 2018
- Only Designer Series Papers listed in the table qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- There are no ordering limits on this promotion.
- Designer Series Paper ordered with Stampin’ Rewards is not eligible for the promotion.
- This promotion does not apply to starter kits.
- In online ordering, when three qualifying Designer Series Paper packs are entered, a prompt to add a free Designer Series Paper will appear in the merchandising section.
- In the online store, if you order four packages of the same qualifying Designer Series Paper, you will need to enter three together and then order the fourth free item separately.
- Ordering deadlines:
- Phone: July 31, 2018; 6:50 PM (MT)
- Online : July 31, 2018; 11:50 PM (MT
You can order online through this link: